Thursday, January 20, 2022

Melee Combat Is In The House!

Melee combat? Yeah, no problem. I can do it in one day. Only it took me a full week. I had to make several adjustments to the combat algorithm that was, until now, just being used by ranged weapons.

Because I wanted everything perfect so I could rest well at night, I had to create 4 animations for the Fist icon, to handle fade in, fade out, idle, and exit states. But let me skip the boring details and show you how it turned out:


The combat formula is currently as follows: the attack score is the result of the attacker's [melee skill + 1d40] roll, against the defender's [melee skill + 1d20]. If the attacker's resulting score surpasses the defender's, the strike succeeds. The amount of damage dealt is calculated by getting a random value between [1 and the attacker's total strength] + the attacker's total agility.

On paper, this formula seems ok but I still need to test it, so changes are prone to happen.

Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment